News notes from around the interweb:
- Bowing to regulators Airbnb purges more than half its Boston listings
- All Qatar Airways New York flights will depart from JFK’s terminal 8 starting December 15. A unified operation is good for Qatar, but what’s significant is: American Airlines certainly has the space, and American Airlines controls the terminal and was willing to welcome Qatar. Qatar was advertising in the terminal earlier in the year:
- Necker Island redemptions have increased to 1.5 million Virgin Atlantic miles
- Southwest Airlines A-List buy up offer.
— Alex (@boilernuke) December 5, 2019
- Viral Kansas City tourism sign is a prank
- Star Alliance member South African Airways is in bankruptcy and getting cash from the government
- Catering delays affected 2300 American Airlines flights this summer at Dallas Fort-Worth. Not a new problem, almost two years ago airline President Robert Isom called caterers lazy and threatened to get back into the catering business themselves. What they’re doing in Dallas is planning to build their own catering facility that they’ll lease to their caterer.