News and notes from around the interweb:
- 2021 just seems a lot weirder and that’s not a pejorative, weird is just as often good as bad. Weird can be creative and brilliant. It diverges from standard expectations.
Source at @JetBlue just sent this to me. Male flight attendants with stubble in dresses.
It’s real and it’s out of control.
Apparently passengers are pissed off, and between this and the BLM nonsense at JFK, pilots are ready for a job action. pic.twitter.com/U3zOeFH4OK
— John Cardillo (@johncardillo) July 15, 2021
- Win two seats on Virgin Galactic flight to space (HT: John P)
- Reminds me of when I earned 10,000 Delta miles for a free hair loss consultation
- American says they’ve re-opened 35 of 40 domestic Admirals Clubs with the other 5 to be opened in August and there’s an interesting wrinkle of terminology here.
The New York JFK C concourse club remains closed. When ‘all 40 domestic clubs will be open’ that one will still be closed. But “the JFK Admirals Club” is currently open, because they’re using the Flagship business class lounge space for it. When the Flagship lounge re-opens this fall, the Admirals Club at JFK will move back to the C concourse. So in that sense ‘the JFK club’ is already open (and included in the 35). A minor note for sure, but it solves a mystery readers have asked about.
- JetBlue executives will have to travel to the Dominican Republic and explain how they’ll cut down on delays of flights to D.R.
- A passenger with monkeypox flew Delta earlier this month because what we need is another outbreak…