News and notes from around the interweb:
- San Francisco Airport has new rules for quiet including making boarding gate announcements 40% softer, those can be tough to hear as it is.
- Is demanding a passenger wear a mask white privilege? This passenger declares herself a Queen, but if that were true would she be flying Spirit?
This went on two minutes too long.
— John Cardillo (@johncardillo) September 11, 2020
- Austin’s airport has to renumber runway 17L/35R because magnetic north has moved. It will become 18L/36R.
- Travel Data Daily thinks positive marketing is key for bringing back travel, and criticizes the focus on safety and hygiene. I disagree, I think the causality goes differently here, when you start seeing positive advertising you know we’re more or less past where customers are primarily concerned about safety.
- The founder of Duty Free Shoppers airport retailer is now broke, after giving away $8 billion.
- Billionaire hotel owners wonder why they haven’t gotten a bailout, too?