News and notes from around the interweb:
- Some hotels saving money by combining the role of chef and food and beverage director
- New list of 10 worst U.S. airports but how do you put LaGuardia and Newark on it and not JFK? Philadephia makes sense, but Dallas, Chicago O’Hare and Cleveland… and not Miami?
- Disney World ‘enthusiasts’ say trip costs too much for average families
- Smile! You’re being photographed in the airport, your image is being put into a government database, and the U.S. government is offering it to governments all over the world.
“IDENT, contains 272 million unique identities, including 6.7 million iris pairs and 1.1 billion face images.” A large and growing percentage of these mug shots are photos of faces of domestic and international air travelers taken by cameras operated by airlines and airports at check-in counters, boarding gates, and other airport locations.
- Hilton to design space station bedrooms for astronauts so don’t expect suite upgrades or late check out in orbit, either.
- More images of the Sky Club-pocalypse.
Another day, another long line out of an at-capacity Delta Sky Club pic.twitter.com/owCCgsxJib
— Kyle Potter (@kpottermn) September 19, 2022
Just got this photo. He said this line is empty compared to the other one. Edit to my earlier tweet: looks like it is a line for AMEX (and perhaps SkyTeam Elite members?) and one for 360/Diamond/D1. https://t.co/z2tsQ8w6fr pic.twitter.com/okCxY56tjh
— Jonathan Jacobs (@JonEJacobs) September 19, 2022