News and notes from around the interweb:
- There’s been widespread online discussion of a major Hilton devaluation a week ago with tons of properties going up 10,000 points per night. Of course Hilton no longer has an award chart and no longer announces hotel prices changes. I queried Hilton over the weekend and will share what I learn.
- Hilton’s CEO has been sufficiently shamed and says he’ll start tipping hotel housekeeping. Since tipping doesn’t really raise housekeeper wages it’d all be so much better if the room rate included actually cleaning the room and housekeepers were paid their entire wages by their employer.
- The Air Italy flight stranded in San Francisco for 35 hours when American wouldn’t lend or sell a part messed with Brian Boitano!
24 -yes 24 hours of delays. Plane still isn’t here. No communication with customers. Lots of angry people—Got to get it together @airitaly_official Going through growing pains. pic.twitter.com/mcU5swBliI
— Brian Boitano (@BrianBoitano) June 2, 2019
- In the fall I wrote that South African Airways was bankrupt and just not publishing financial statements but would survive on more government subsidies (which partner United doesn’t seem to mind in this case). Are we reaching the end of the government’s willingness and ability to keep the subsidies running?
Copyright: tupungato / 123RF Stock Photo
- Microsoft is introducing a new version of Flight Simulator next year
[…] June Microsoft announced that they would introduce a new Flight Simulator game, something they haven’t done since 2006. It will come in 2020 for Xbox and […]