News and notes from around the interweb:
- Too good to be true, last the $69 buy up for Qatar Airways business class passengers to use the first class al Safwa lounge in Doha means drinking hundreds of dollars in fine wines like Chateau Ducru-Beacaillou 2008 and Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 2006.
- La Compagnie is no longer just a dirt cheap business class fare, now that the A321neo is flying Newark – Paris Orly it’s also a flat bed (no longer angled) plus free wifi.
- American has extended Boeing 737 MAX cancellations through September 3.
- What is the Airbus A321XLR capable of, and which airlines might buy it?
- When Hyatt tested their concierge program there were just four agents in the test working out of Omaha. I wrote at the time of the World of Hyatt rollout that the plan was to grow this to 15-20 people, not limited to English or working out of the Omaha center. And that was official. So I’m not sure why folks are surprised that there are so few My Hyatt Concierges servicing all of the top tier elites staying frequently enough to have one.
Marriott 100 night guests complain there aren’t enough Ambassadors to provide good service too, by the way.