News and notes from around the interweb:
- Starwood customer service agents are apparently talking up benefits improvements coming to the Starwood American Express card. Frontline agents don’t usually have accurate information on matters such as this three months in advance, however, though it’s also quite specific (including the projected date – August 11th).
- 500 free miles for joining Aeroflot Bonus.
- Canada will no longer cover the cost for members of their Senate to purchase paid business class tickets on domestic short haul flights
- Italian Senator throws fit after missing Alitalia flight. He says they changed the gate four times (apparently not too confusing for the rest of the flight), they say he was just late.
- When to use generic city codes booking British Airways Avios awards (and when not to)
- California voters approve high speed rail to Hawaii
- The new Qatar Airways promotional video for their Airbus A350