New and notes from around the interweb:
- In my first Forbes.com piece I break news on why Delta CEO Ed Bastian really skipped the Oval Office meeting of airline CEOs with President Trump.
- How China Lost Hong Kong: Compromise or crackdown are the only options left for Beijing.
- Man calls in bomb threat in attempt to date a Lufthansa flight attendant. Then again John Hinckley Jr. seemed to think shooting Ronald Reagan would impress Jodie Foster.
- Was the Capital One data breach just meant as research? It may be that nothing illicit was done with the data, nor ever intended.
- Inside the short window airlines have to turn planes
- Air New Zealand should probably cease flying and focus on its core safety video production business.
— Air New Zealand✈️ (@FlyAirNZ) July 31, 2019
- Where’s Samuel Jackson for bats when you need him?