News and notes from around the interweb:
- I’m not sure I’d self-own like this ahead of the Texas storm though it’s not the first time he’s taken to Twitter to make fun of himself over fleeing the state during last year’s power grid meltdown (and having his excuses unravel as not-quite-true).
Inflation is out of control.
Gas prices are ⬆️
Food prices are ⬆️
Lumber prices are ⬆️
And tickets to Cancun are up 32%!
— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) February 2, 2022
- It’s not easy booking Preferred Hotels (i.e. nice properties) using Choice points though it can be good value if you persevere.
- American Airlines Concierge Key members: your Hyatt Globalist status isn’t going away. American tells me that “Hyatt is updating expirations this month, so in 1-2 weeks, [Concierge Key] members should see their Globalist expiration date extended to Feb. 2023.”
- Watch a Virgin Orbit Satellite Launch From a RAF Pilot’s Amazing Perspective (HT: Paul H)
- Really, just like any other Fort Lauderdale departure.
- I guess the animal hat matches the life vest.
— Chad Anderson (@VOL_Chad) February 2, 2022
- Britain’s Aviation Regulator Probed Hong Kong’s Pandemic Quarantine Rules After Direct Appeal From British Airways
- US Virgin Islands will accept proof of vaccination in lieu of testing for entry