News and notes from around the interweb:
- Did the 737 MAX even need the MCAS system to begin with? (no longer behind paywall)
- Qantas only offers first class on its Airbus A380s and those aren’t expected back for at least 3 years, and even then just flying Sydney – Los Angeles and, with a stop, London.
- Venice is taking in huge amounts of data on tourists but “they seem to have no idea whatsoever on what to do with the data they are accumulating”
- United Airlines was supposed to return to New York JFK in February however is putting that off until March. They only have temporary access to the airport and are looking for slots in order to stay. Of course American and JetBlue have to auction off 7 pairs of JFK slots…
- Walgreens will launch a credit card and prepaid debit card
- Singapore Airlines sit down dining isn’t just for Changi airport inside an A380. They did it as a pop up in Beijing as well, sans the aircraft.