I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
News and notes from around the interweb:
- Brex applies for bank charter, taps former Silicon Valley Bank exec as CEO of Brex Bank
One Mile at a Time has an exclusive bonus offer for Brex Cash. Brex offers a company checking and credit card for startups that doesn’t require a personal guarantee. And there’s a 110,000 point bonus offer, transferrable to airline frequent flyer miles.
The special bonus offer is 80,000 points on approval of a Brex Cash account and spending $1000 on the Brex card; 10,000 points after spending $3000 on the Brex Card in the first 3 months; 20,000 points for linking payroll to the Brex Cash account.
- United Airlines is probing who leaked Ted Cruz’s Cancun flight details. They should be able to look at logs for who accessed the PNR, but if lots of employees did given the interest it may be difficult to isolate the leaker(s).
Flight attendants union head Sara Nelson defends the leak and condones sharing confidential PNR data.
Perspective: whoever the “leak” is, she/he/they have over 10k @united colleagues & families in TX who are freezing while their US Senator skips town & then tries to lie about it. @tedcruz is not a “customer,” he’s a public servant who has lied too many times. WE’RE ALL THE LEAK. https://t.co/NDs6935xim
— Sara Nelson (@FlyingWithSara) February 20, 2021
- Trump Hotel employees dish on what it was like at work during the Trump Presidency
Four years’ worth of stories about VIP visits and grooming protocols, palm-greasing, rotten vegetables, and that time they lost Steve Mnuchin’s coat.
- Why Muammar Gaddafi’s Presidential Airbus A340-200 is gathering dust on a French airfield
- Thailand tourism board targets wealthy Japanese crypto holders
- The history of passports and the damage they cause and interesting facts about passports