News and notes from around the interweb:
- Pakistan International Airlines Obtains IATA Safety Certification and apparently no goats had to be sacrificed to get it.
Boeing 777 on Approach to New York JFK in 2014, Copyright zhukovsky / 123RF Stock Photo
- PIA also will not allow pilots to fast over Ramadan for safety reasons.
- United is asking flight attendants to welcome and thank 1K members and apologize for lack of a complimentary onboard snack in coach when they aren’t upgraded. Here’s where the name ‘1K’ came from.
- Qatar Airways becomes launch customer for Boeing 777X after push back from Lufthansa and Emirates. Qatar expects to begin receiving the planes in late 2023. But… who knows.
- Inside Kyoten’s Chef Otto Phan’s Two-Floor Omakase Restaurant and Izakaya Hinoki Sushiko is now open in Chicago, with an single seating reservations-only omakase upstairs and walk-in lounge serving Japanese street food downstairs. The upstairs omakase model reminds me of Sushi Nakazawa in New York with both a sushi counter and table service.
Chef Otto Phan