Bilt will offer up to a 150% transfer bonus to Emirates Skywards on December 1 for ‘Rent Day’.
- With a 150% transfer bonus, premium cabin Emirates awards actually become reasonable.
- Already Emirates upgrades are a good deal and first class upgrades usually become available.
Here’s how it works:
- Blue members receive a 75% bonus
- Silver members receive a 100% transfer bonus
- Gold members receive a 125% transfer bonus
- Platinum members receive a 150% transfer bonus
Emirates A380 First Class Suite
Emirates A380 First Class Shower
Before Bilt Rewards there was never a 100% bonus to a 1:1 points transfer (outside of a one-time mistake). Bilt did it with IHG and Hawaiian and Air France KLM. And they did up to a 150% transfer bonus to Virgin Atlantic based on status. I moved 200,000 Bilt points to 500,000 Virgin Atlantic.
Each Rent Day those with the Bilt Rewards Mastercard earn double points on their spending:
- 6x on dining
- 4x on travel
- 2x on other spend excluding rent
Earning is up to 10,000 bonus points, as long as cardmembers make at least 5 purchases each statement period to earn points.
They give away free rent, now in the form of a Family Feud-style show. And members also can answer trivia questions in the Bilt app to earn up to 250 points on the first of the month.
- Earn up to 150 points answering 5 questions
- Answer all 5 correctly for another 100 points
Another special offer this month is special offers through their Bilt Dining program which offers extra points at actually good restaurants (they’ve just added my home town of Austin to the program, and nearly all the restaurants are places I eat at, and that are part of my rotation already).
Reservations for tasting menus, wine pairings, and mixology showcases on November 1 will open to Bilt members on October 27th at Noon Eastern: 12,500 Bilt Points or $150 dollars per person (personally I’d spend the cash since I value a Bilt point at more than 1.2 cents apiece).
- Shinji’s Bar: An intimate bartender-led cocktail tasting at the acclaimed Shinji’s Bar,
featuring updated mixology classics and Japanese bites with lively music.
- The Bazaar: A culinary adventure in the new Ritz Carlton in NoMad, where Japanese
cooking techniques meet Spanish flavors and craft cocktails.
- Misi: A unique Italian culinary experience in Misi’s private dining room, tasting expertly
crafted pasta dishes curated by renowned chef Missy Robbins.
- Mēdüzā Mediterrania: The new Meatpacking District hotspot where the chef’s favorites
are paired with artisanal cocktails, offering a diverse menu inspired by coastal regions
with a global twist.
- Carbone: A chef’s tasting menu with wine pairings in the restaurant’s private dining room,
where classic Italian-American dishes are elevated into a memorable, over-the-top
- MILA: An immersive fusion of Japanese and Mediterranean cuisines and bespoke
cocktails in the vibrant private dining room.
- Carbone: A private chef-led tasting and wine pairing where traditional Italian-American
cuisine is transformed into a remarkable culinary journey.
- Alice: A pan-asian tasting and cocktail experience highlighting exceptional sushi, sashimi,
and a thoughtfully curated beverage menu in an intimate private dining room.
- Contessa: A private chef’s tasting with wine pairings on the rooftop, boasting Northern
Italian elegance and panoramic views.
- 1928 Beacon Hill: A private chef’s tasting and wine pairing offering charming New England
cuisine rooted in the region’s culinary traditions.
Mostly I love new offers every month. I’m not transferring my own points to Emirates as a Platinum member with 150% bonus because I don’t have immediate plans for Emirates transfer (I happen to have an imminent UAE trip booked already, though of course they offer flights from New York to Milan and Athens). The option value on my Bilt points is so high that this one isn’t drawing me in but it will work for a bunch of you. On the other hand, the introduction of the Emirates 777 with new first class on their Washington Dulles – Dubai route is so tempting in the extreme.