News and notes from around the interweb:
- Here’s the American Airlines flight attendants union celebrating plans to strike at Christmas.
Even if the union votes to ask the National Mediation Board to release them from negotiations on November 17, my bet is that if the Board is going to grant the request then they’d wait until December 4 to grant it to avoid saddling the President with a Christmas holiday travel strike.
- Bear attack inside the St. Regis Aspen the bear walk in through doors in the courtyard.
According to [Colorado Parks and Wildlife], the on-site security guard went to investigate after receiving reports of a bear inside the hotel. While in the kitchen, the guard went around a corner and surprised the bear. The bear then swiped at the guard and knocked him to the ground, according to CPW.
- Couple has their stamp collection stolen from their car while parked at hotel valet and the hotel didn’t even refund the valet charge. (Don’t leave valuables in your car but that doesn’t excuse the theft – or billing the guests for parking. HT: Jeremy)
- Wyndham devalues the only good part of the program?
- American says it will grow 10% in O’Hare this spring, year-over-year and I am skeptical that this winds up being true once April rolls around.
- Marriott Ambassador and Titanium members receive double elite nights on home rentals of 2 or more nights through December 31 and 10% off of their stay (minimum $1,000 stays).