I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
News and notes from around the interweb:
- This past week American Airlines hosted their Leadership Conference and invited several journalists. Unfortunately I couldn’t attend because of international travel. After the even journalists were invited to spend the night in the airline’s operations center. Here’s that story.
- Many Krogers will no longer accept Visa as a negotiating tactic to drive down the interchange or swipe fees that they pay. Basil K. notes ‘thank goodness it’s American Express® Gold Card that does 4x at US grocery stores.’
- American Express frames the view of downtown Sydney. Oh the things we find in our travels.
- What’s grosser than gross? Finding a tooth in your airline meal (and it isn’t even your own)
- European governments are increasingly intervening in aviation, somewhat different in kind than in the U.S. but it’s certainly not just China or the Gulf states.
- 15% bonus transferring American Express Membership Rewards points to Avianca LifeMiles through April 1. I prefer to buy LifeMiles when they’re on sale cheap and save my Amex points.
- Why people clap when their plane lands don’t be one of those people.