News notes from around the interweb:
- The secret afterlife of lost German luggage (NYT)
- Virgin Atlantic is now an earn and burn partner of Air France KLM Flying Blue
Copyright: boarding1now / 123RF Stock Photo
- Marriott mistakenly deducting extra points from reward reservations when properties move to peak season. A call can get it fixed but you need to stay vigilant with your account balance, and solutions can require hanging up calling back because Marriott frontline call center agents are often quite poor.
- British Airways shames passenger on twitter who failed to sign their passport
- DFW airport terminal 5 is at least five years away, probably more, but we already know some of the food options.
“The Terminal F Trinity Groves kitchen will offer a portfolio of menu options from successful incubator concepts Souk Kabab House, The Hall Bar & Grill, LUCK (Local Urban Craft Kitchen), and Beto & Son Real Mexican Food. As it does at the West Dallas location, Trinity Groves’ concepts will rotate in the airport to bring the latest trends to travelers,” HMSHost said in a media release.
The space will also house an Eatzi’s Market & Bakery, Cake Bar, retail shops and more. Travelers will be able to shop for specialty foods and Texas-made merchandise or taste hand-painted Kate Weiser Chocolates and sip on boutique blends from Counter Culture Coffee.
- Avianca has $375 million in financing for its turnaround plan
- ANA will put an A380 on all 14 weekly Tokyo – Honolulu flights
🤕 Seems like a brake failure on this truck at La Guardia AirPort.
📹 Cesar F Cruz pic.twitter.com/wDRArQYY8W
— air plus news (english) (@airplusnews_EN) January 7, 2020