A woman was removed from a Spirit Airlines flight to Florida on Thursday over her refusal to wear a mask. She told cabin crew that they were going to have to forcibly remove her – and that she didn’t have to wear a mask because she was eating. Back in September a man used a can of Pringles to avoid wearing a mask on an entire four hour flight.
After the flight attendant leaves to consult with the captain, who would have called for security assistance, the passenger headed down the aisle – and even poked into the cockpit before going back to her seat. If she wasn’t getting kicked off already, that would have sealed it. Airport police did remove her – but didn’t have to drag her off David Dao-style.
Here’s video from inside the cabin, note though that there’s a word used early in the recording that isn’t ‘safe for work’ (so it’s a good thing if you’re working from home, with no kids around).
She was headed to Fort Lauderdale. Spirit Airlines. Florida. We probably could have written the rest of the story from that alone.
- Cops drag unhappy passengers out Fort Lauderdale terminal after Spirit Airlines cancels flights
- Woman’s cleavage gets her kicked off Spirit Airlines flight from Fort Lauderdale
- Spirit Airlines removed 15 year old girl from overbooked Fort Lauderdale flight while her mom sat in back unaware
- Delayed Fort Lauderdale flight diverts to Detroit, Spirit Airlines puts passengers on a bus that breaks down
- Spirit Airlines passengers kicked off flight to Fort Lauderdale for smelling bad
On the other hand, the officer did mention to the woman “they’re going to refund you” so maybe she just sat down in one of the Spirit Airlines seats, realized she couldn’t face the flight ahead, and knew she’d have to get off the plane – but better to do it with a refund, assisted by law enforcement?
(HT: C Boarding Group)