News and notes from around the interweb:
- JetBlue will lease a pair of London Heathrow slots from Qatar Airways
- Commerce Department Identifies Commercial and Private Aircraft Exported to Russia in Apparent Violation of U.S. Export Controls this includes not just planes operated by Aeroflot and others but also Roman Abramovich’s G650.
- 2 in 3 people wrongly think a credit card balance helps their credit score (HT: Paul H)
- Your hotel is lying to you about the name brand cereal at its free breakfast. (HT: Paul H)
@khammer123 A little inside information for you #fyp #hotel ♬ original sound – khammer123
- Southwest Flight Attendants Union Asks White House to Drop Face Mask Mandate remember that – Sara Nelson notwithstanding – flight attendants bear more of a burden from the mask mandate and are tired of it.
- We shouldn’t be taxing Hawaii with the Jones Act as it ends its dependence on Russian oil, by the way.
When I was on the Hill in early 1990s I worked for a landlocked Appalachian member. The maritime unions came to every fundraiser and gave, and all they asked for was to be with them on a Jones Act vote every 6 or 8 years that no one in his district knew enough to care about.
— Jeff Davis (@JDwithTW) March 23, 2022
- Southwest Airlines throws off another autistic child over mask compliance
- Miley Cyrus’ plane made emergency landing after being struck by lightning