News and notes from around the interweb:
- Singapore is letting private clinics administer the Sinovac vaccine, even though they question its effectiveness, because it makes it easier to travel to China.
- A few months ago I appeared on the podcast Go Fact Yourself as a guest expert challenging comedian Orlando Leyba about travel. Saturday Night Live‘s Heidi Gardner was challenged by Olympic gold medalist Tara Lipinski on figure skating.
Now I see that Air Canada Aeroplan head Mark Nasr went on the show as well. Apparently celebrities tend to think of themselves as frequent flyer experts, so the podcast needs guests who can challenge them.
- Facing extremely long hold times to reach reservations, American Airlines is requiring significant mandatory overtime from reservations agents, and several aren’t happy about it. I’ve heard from a number of throwaway twitter accounts.
— AnonAArep (@AnonArep) June 20, 2021
- The Mormon Church, which has a $100 billion stock investment fund and is the largest private landowner in Florida, purchased the Maui Residence Inn Marriott for $100 million.
- How to make your home feel like a hotel (HT: Paul H.) I guess if it’s good not to be home you’ll want to bring some not home to your home.
- Tokyo Olympic village to permit alcohol, but will forbid condom distribution, in order to reduce the spread of Covid-19. U.S. airlines should try this to reduce bad behavior among coach passengers.