News and notes from around the interweb:
- In January Delta announced numerous reductions in inflight service they pretended was to benefit the environment (when their new cheaper service is in some cases worse for the environment than their pre-pandemic service). Their ownership of an oil refinery and anti-environment lobbying complicates the narrative further. (HT: Joe Brancatelli)
- 500 free Choice Privileges points for linking account to Bakkt
- Scambaiter calls Rite Aid to warn manager a scam victim is coming to buy gift cards (HT: Paul H)
- Caesars ends the Wyndham status merry-go-round by no longer matching matched status. Hopefully the Wyndham business card’s Diamond status will still be matched since it is not ‘matched status’ as such.
- You think everyone else is living a better life, but really they’re just flying American Airlines coach.
Just saw someone on my flight post a picture of the interior of a private jet to Instagram story with a plane emoji.
We are both sitting in coach on an American Airlines flight.
— nic b (@NicoleBehnam) March 11, 2022
- American Airlines Concierge Key members get cooler bag tags than you do.
Another one for the Fleet. This was a *very* good idea, so glad they brought it back! pic.twitter.com/plrAxBJGDw
— Hutch Pegler (@HutchPegler) March 11, 2022