News notes from around the interweb:
- JetBlue agrees not to furlough pilots until at least May 1, 2021 The pilots certainly agreed to something in return but says it’s not a change to pay rates. Bear in mind that it’s costly to furlough pilots and bring them back, which is why American expects to furlough more flight attendants than pilots.
- I haven’t seen anything that tells me planes are a significant vector of spread for SARS-CoV-2 however a number of experts have an open letter worried about it including the continued sale of middle seats by American and United.
— Eric Feigl-Ding (@DrEricDing) July 1, 2020
- Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly seen waiting together at an LAX TSA checkpoint I don’t actually know who these people are, but they’re supposed to be pretty important, but not too important to wait for security bureaucracy (or to use discrete alternatives).
- Live TV on American Airlines has been suspended.
live TV on narrowbodies suspended (blamed on "no sports")
— JonNYC (@xJonNYC) July 1, 2020
- A plan to effectively nationalize Star Alliance member TAP Air Portugal would have Dave Neeleman leaving with $50 to $62 million, and Azul giving up the right to convert a loan to equity. (HT: Jonathan W.)