JetSmarter is a membership service that lets you take available seats on private jet flights for free, or get access to charter a flight yourself. There are last minute deals which vary and they run certain routes as shuttles.
Back in November they were giving away free flights between New York and DC and several readers took advantage. There were both jets and turboprop flights available in and out of Teterboro.
Now they’re offering a free 3-month trial if you have top tier elite status with an airline or a million points in a frequent flyer program or bank proprietary program.
How to take advantage:
1. Send a photo or short video that provides verifiable proof that you meet the requirements for this offer to email@example.com. Email must contain your first and last name, and phone number.
2. We’ll verify your submission, and notify you as soon as your free membership has been activated.
3. Must be redeemed by July 1, 2017.
Their major goal appears to be achieving growth (“we lose money on each customer, but we make it up on volume”). This has no doubt been a challenge as they’ve simultaneously continued to raise price of the service.
However there’s no reason not to join, especially if you live in a major market, you may be able to pick up free or cheap private flights during your 3 month trial. In particular:
- Complimentary single-seat bookings on posted JETSHUTTLE routes
- Complimentary seats on empty-leg JETDEALS for spontaneous getaways
The last time I was aware of public pricing they were up to $12,000 a year and a one-time $3000 initiation fee. Prices though seem to be hidden on the current website so they may be more flexible. I know of a couple of bloggers that have taken advantage of JetSmarter memberships at earlier much lower prices and have gotten great value out of it.
Note that they are quite serious about customers honoring their bookings — even free bookings. Make a booking, you have to fly or pay a penalty.