News and notes from around the interweb:
- Register by February 8 for the new IHG promotion of 2000 points for every 2 nights stayed February 9 – April 14, 2023. Truly meh, at a value of 50 basis points per point this is an average rebate of $5 per night. Better than a hole in the head, as my grandfather used to say.
- Passenger uses Airtags, discovers Air Canada donated their luggage to charity
@nakitarees2 @Air Canada wrongfully donated my luggage after less then 30 days to a charity WITHOUT my knowledge of consent. You do not own this property and therefore can not donate it. @cp24breakingnews @ctvnews @Celine Dion #lostluggageissues #lostluggagereport #aircanadaairlines ♬ original sound – nakitarees
- New TSA bins enforce airline carry on size limits for them. Several airlines used to offer more generous carry on allowances, and adding big bins should accommodate this. Continental Airlines in particular pushed back when TSA tried this in the past.
Anyone else remember the fight between airlines when some wanted to put bag sizers on the screening machines at the security checkpoint and others didn't?
I guess the TSA isn't worried about such battles. https://t.co/IMXwRwzCAH
— Seth Miller (@WandrMe) January 23, 2023
- TikToker stands up for a passenger who doesn’t want to give up her seat. (HT: Paul H)
@not.cristinayang Replying to @mixedchick132 the audacity of some people #flying #assignedseats ♬ original sound – Not it
- Know Your Customer and Anti-Money Laundering rules explained
Was George Santos somehow involved in that baggage-to-charity story?
Wow, Emirates pricing on Aeroplan is crazy expensive unless you compare it to Skymiles prices.
Man I just HATE the way tik tok squeezes the picture on video!
Why, why, why?????
It’s so annoying as I have a vision impairment.
Maybe a class action lawsuit?
Or I could just not look…..
A hole in the head looks good after reviewing the new generous IHG promo
Your grandfather knew well though!
I wonder what is worth – auto-starting embedded TikTok videos that steal your data and send them to China or neck-tattooed flight attendants. At least FAs are there for our safety..
Worse, damn autocorrect
BTW Air Canada is a criminal organization
Outrageous story if true
Has anyone checked in the couple to see if they were “put to sleep” under Canada’s new “assisted death” laws?
I would be afraid to speak up in Trudeau’s Canada.
No ShaCarri Richardson AA meltdown? crickets…
AC is trash plain and simple.
Their business model is gouging Canadians while luring in unsuspecting Americans with low fares to fill the planes.
Understaffed (because who wouldn’t want to work for such a crap company for min wage), zero customer service, and now luggage thieves.
Of course for each charity donation they get a nice break.