News and notes from around the interweb:
- Register by February 8 for the new IHG promotion of 2000 points for every 2 nights stayed February 9 – April 14, 2023. Truly meh, at a value of 50 basis points per point this is an average rebate of $5 per night. Better than a hole in the head, as my grandfather used to say.
- Passenger uses Airtags, discovers Air Canada donated their luggage to charity
@nakitarees2 @Air Canada wrongfully donated my luggage after less then 30 days to a charity WITHOUT my knowledge of consent. You do not own this property and therefore can not donate it. @cp24breakingnews @ctvnews @Celine Dion #lostluggageissues #lostluggagereport #aircanadaairlines ♬ original sound – nakitarees
- New TSA bins enforce airline carry on size limits for them. Several airlines used to offer more generous carry on allowances, and adding big bins should accommodate this. Continental Airlines in particular pushed back when TSA tried this in the past.
Anyone else remember the fight between airlines when some wanted to put bag sizers on the screening machines at the security checkpoint and others didn't?
I guess the TSA isn't worried about such battles. https://t.co/IMXwRwzCAH
— Seth Miller (@WandrMe) January 23, 2023
- TikToker stands up for a passenger who doesn’t want to give up her seat. (HT: Paul H)
@not.cristinayang Replying to @mixedchick132 the audacity of some people #flying #assignedseats ♬ original sound – Not it
- Know Your Customer and Anti-Money Laundering rules explained