News and notes from around the interweb:
- It’s beginning to take a lot for passenger behavior at an airport to impress me.
This child at the airport is killing me pic.twitter.com/axacS0ElXK
— groucho marxist (@amymarieberger) July 10, 2021
- Two people got Legionnaires’ disease from a Ramada hotel hot tub the risk of contracting this is greater by the way at hotels that have been closed with no one running the water.
- The new Amex Platinum digital entertainment credit can be used for home delivery of the New York Times go figure.
- A supersonic plane without a sonic boom?
- The old New Orleans airport terminal was abandoned in November 2019. It’s still perfectly serviceable, but the new one is much nicer. Here’s the final day of the old terminal:
- United CEO Scott Kirby thinks the federal mask mandate will expire September 13th. Of course that means the federal government is abdicating use of science – the ‘correct’ date is almost certainly earlier or later than that, just allowing the rule to sunset is a cop out.
United Airlines CEO on mask mandate on planes: “The current government order expires on September 13, and fingers crossed, my guess is it will expire on September 13, but we'll wait and see for sure.” pic.twitter.com/RlwUK4RVe7
— Face The Nation (@FaceTheNation) July 11, 2021