Capital One is building out a lounge network. The first lounge will be at Dallas – Fort Worth opening this year. Washington Dulles has been announced for 2022. And now they’ve announced plans for a Denver lounge, as well as two mileage transfer bonus promotions.
Denver Airport Location Added To Soon-To-Launch Capital One Lounge Network
Here are details of the newly announced Capital One Lounge at the Denver airport:
- 11,200 square feet on the mezzanine level of concourse A
- Operated by Plaza Premium Group (a Plaza Premium lounge at Denver has been in the works since 2018)
- Food will include “delicious, health-conscious eating options that are served plated as small bites, a handcrafted beverage menu and an industry-leading, dedicated grab & go section…focus[ing] on locally sourced ingredients, uniquely and sustainably packaged premium grab-and-go selections, and vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options.”
- Beverages will include “bar with craft cocktails on tap, local beers and regional wines, a full-service coffee and espresso bar featuring La Colombe cold brew on tap at select locations, and a custom six-tap system featuring artisanal sodas and flavored waters.”
- Relaxation rooms “with eye covers, blankets and other luxury amenities to help you recharge away from the crowds”
- Shower suites “with complimentary towels and hotel-inspired custom toiletries”
- Nursing room, kid-sized tables for families, private meeting rooms
These lounges are expected to be pay-in, at least unless and until Capital One offers a premium travel card. They will have an “original soundscape.. that provides travelers with an enriching, memorable and transformative experience as soon as they step foot into the space.”
Denver airport lounge entry rendering, credit: Capital One
Dallas – Fort Worth Lounge Opening Soon
The DFW lounge, near gate D22, will have 55 pieces of orignial local art, an “original soundscape” along with cycling and yoga room, relaxation rooms, shower suite, and “multi-faith rooms.” I can’t wait to see this first Capital One lounge when it opens soon.
Dallas – Fort Worth cafe area rendering, credit: Capital One
Aeromexico Transfer Bonus
Capital One miles from Spark Miles and Venture card products transfer to a variety of airline and hotel loyalty programs. And pre-pandemic they ran a number of transfer bonus promotions. Those are clearly back. However I’d point out that with Aeromexico, the juice just isn’t worth the squeeze. Even where there are a handful of reasonable award chart prices they are rarely the best airline to book through, and in my experience they’re one of the most frustrating.
Still, it’s worth noting that Capital One miles will transfer to Aeromexico with a 20% bonus from July 12 through August 8, 2021. Already a 1:1 transfer partner, this will mean 1000 Venture miles transfer into 1200 Aeromexico points.
British Airways Transfer Bonus
For the month of August Capital One Venture and Spark Miles products will transfer to British Airways with a 33% bonus. This will make transfers one-to-one rather than Capital One’s standard 2:1.5 with this program.
Remember that both of these Capital One cards earn 2 miles per dollar on all spend, so you’re really getting 2 British Airways Avios per dollar spent under this promotion (and 1.5 per dollar spent the rest of the time).