News notes from around the interweb:
- It’s Visa that eliminated the Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite airfare credit, not Chase (though customer notice should have been better). The benefit was killed across the board on Visa Infinite cards that had it. (HT: Reid F.)
- Korean Air is defending its announced devaluation by saying they’re just doing what other airlines around the world are doing. Korean Air has a joint venture with, and is partly owned by, Delta. And they’re really gutting the value of their miles.
- Jamie Foxx says he’s a member of the mile high club
- Asking the President of the NAACP Legal Defense Fund to give up her seat for other passengers is a really bad look.
.@Amtrak I’m being asked to leave my seat on train 80 which I just boarded in D.C. There are no assigned seats on this train. The conductor has asked me to leave my seat because she has”other people coming who she wants to give this seat.” Can you please explain?
— Sherrilyn Ifill (@Sifill_LDF) January 17, 2020
- Delta Express pilot writing racist and political graffiti in the Tallahassee airport
- But camouflage doesn’t work well in space.
— United States Space Force (@SpaceForceDoD) January 18, 2020