News notes from around the interweb:
- Aeroflot has extended elite status through February 2022. At least as long as you don’t criticize the airline.
Aeroflot ad from 1970
- Bring your own pen when flying or going to the doctor’s office
- New class action lawsuit against American Airlines over telephone booking fees and change fees hey lawyers have to find something to do while working from home. (HT: @LCD869)
- NASA Is Building Its Supersonic X-Plane Out of Old Warbirds “NASA is raiding military boneyards for parts.”
- Former Oakland A’s power hitter and all-around hot mess Jose Canseco wants you to know that the credit repair Mastercard he’s been using didn’t work out well for him. (HT: @MayorBologna) I’d only add that for someone without options I’ve seen cards that are much worse.
Do not get the my milestone credit card from Mastercard ….a total RIP off
— Jose Canseco (@JoseCanseco) March 18, 2020
- Trans States will stop flying April 1. It was going out of business at the end of the year already anyway.
- One tourism board doesn’t want you getting anywhere near their country. (HT: Your Mileage May Vary)
— Visit Estonia (@visitestonia) March 14, 2020