Three Spirit Airlines passengers were arrested for attacking three of the carrier’s employees during a delay of Spirit flight NK1004 from Fort Lauderdale to Philadelphia on Tuesday. The employees all “suffered minor injuries” after the three passengers in the gate area hit staff with “phones, shoes, full water bottles, metal boarding signs and fast food.”
The employees “were also punched and kicked in different sections of their bodies numerous times” according to Sheriff’s department arrest documents. Here’s video of it all going down:
Apparently the conflict began when the airline employees stopped the boarding process and closed the door to the jet bridge.
The three female passengers, all in their 20s, were hauled off to Broward County Jail. The flight’s departure was delayed a total of 79 minutes, likely lengthened by the need for a police response.
According to the airline,
We thank our Team Members for their professionalism and quick actions, and we also thank the Broward Sheriff’s Office for their assistance at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport yesterday. Three Guests became combative following a delayed flight, and they were arrested for physically assaulting our Team Members. Three of our Team Members sustained minor injuries. This violent behavior is completely unacceptable and has absolutely no place in airports or any other place of business. We will not tolerate abusive behavior of any kind. Further questions about this incident should be referred to law enforcement.
Spirit Airlines. Florida. Flight delay. We probably could have written the rest of the story from that alone.
- Cops drag unhappy passengers out Fort Lauderdale terminal after Spirit Airlines cancels flights
- Woman’s cleavage gets her kicked off Spirit Airlines flight from Fort Lauderdale
- Spirit Airlines removed 15 year old girl from overbooked Fort Lauderdale flight while her mom sat in back unaware
- Delayed Fort Lauderdale flight diverts to Detroit, Spirit Airlines puts passengers on a bus that breaks down
- Spirit Airlines passengers kicked off flight to Fort Lauderdale for smelling bad
It’s been less than two weeks ago since a Spirit AIrlines passenger kicked an agent in the head, beat another with a dustpan, and coughed on cops claiming she had Covid-19.
(HT: Demetrius M. )