News notes from around the interweb:
- A flight attendant reacts to receiving a WARN Act notice interestingly I received a note from an employee at a different airline who ‘had no idea’ that furloughs were possible, and thought that the CARES Act meant that everyone kept their job. Those restrictions are only in place through the end of September.
- Palestinian Airlines flies no aircraft and hasn’t operated a flight since 2014 yet still has 140 employees (HT: Air Insight)
- Hacker selling details of 142 million MGM hotel guests on the dark web
- 25% off Amtrak redemptions through Thursday July 16
'Heathrow from the Air', Norman Wilkinson, oil on canvas, 1948/50. pic.twitter.com/YCO4pimQBv
— Henry Rothwell (@HenryRothwell) July 13, 2020
- Qantas claims to have invented business class