StatusMatch.com is running a status promotion with oneworld airline Royal Air Maroc to give elite status to frequent flyers in most competitor programs across North America and Europe.
- Enroll in Safar Flyer. One small quirk: during enrollment most readers will list Nationality as ‘American’ and Country as ‘United States’
- Submit your match request at SafarFlyerStatusMatch.com
The match costs 49 Euros. Matched status lasts through March 31, 2023. And the offer will be available until May 31, 2022 – but could be pulled earlier.
They will match against myriad programs that are not part of oneworld:
- Star Alliance: Aegean Airlines – Miles+Bonus; Air Canada – Aeroplan; Egyptair – Plus; Ethiopian Airlines – ShebaMiles; Lufthansa – Miles & More; Scandinavian Airlines – EuroBonus; South African Airways – SAA Voyager; TAP Air Portugal – Miles&Go; Turkish Airlines – Miles&Smiles; United Airlines – MileagePlus
- SkyTeam: Air Europa – SUMA; Air France – Flying Blue; Czech Airlines – OK Plus; Delta Air Lines – SkyMiles; KLM – Flying Blue; Kenya Airways – Flying Blue; Middle East Airlines – Cedar Miles; Saudia – Alfursan
- Non-alliance: El Al – Matmid; Emirates – Skyward; Etihad – Guest; Gulf Air – Falconflyer; JetBlue – TrueBlue Rewards; LATAM – LATAM Pass; Oman Air – Sinbad; Tunisar – Fidelys; Virgin Atlantic – Flying Club; WestJet – Westjet Rewards
If you’re an American AAdvantage, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan, British Airways Executive Club elite or similar oneworld elite member not to worry! ITA Airways, the new Alitalia, is matching anyone with a pulse so do that first. Or do a Delta match to a tier status higher than what you already have if your email address is targeted by American Express for this.
They will match status like-to-like to either their Silver or Gold (but not Platinum) tier. Gold is oneworld Sapphire which gets you: priority check-in; priority boarding; extra baggage allowance; business class lounge access.
American Airlines Flagship Lounge New York JFK
The best benefit here is lounge access. oneworld sapphire members of frequent flyer programs other than American AAdvantage and Alaska’s Mileage Plan get access not just to American Airlines Admirals Clubs and Alaska Lounges but also to American Airlines Flagship lounges even when traveling domestically. That means nice bar setups and buffets at New York JFK, Miami, Dallas, Los Angeles and in a few weeks once again at Chicago O’Hare.
I plan to match to become a Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer Gold member. This offer may be of interest to you, too.
[…] airline Royal Air Maroc is offering a very broad status match opportunity. If you have status in most Star Alliance, SkyTeam or major non-aligned programs, they […]