News and notes from around the interweb:
- United will update its amenity kits August 1 with Soho House Cowshed spa skin care products.
- When not to open the emergency exit
- Predictable: the DOJ investigation into airline collusion to limit capacity leads to class action lawsuits being filed. In five years you may be able to sign up for $25 off discount coupons (usable on full fare tickets only, but the application of the coupon will make your ticket non-refundable).
- Interview with Hyatt’s new Chief Marketing Officer (HT: Alan H.) Softball questions, but over the course of 9 minutes you get a sense of the narrative they’re telling at the top of corporate these days. Nothing earth-shattering, but strange to hear this former Gannett executive explain that Hyatt’s in the media business not the hotel business..
- Carnival will cruise to Cuba next year
- 2000 bonus Club Carlson points per night through September 27