News notes from around the interweb:
- Who is still out there flying? Here are their stories
- Interview with US Airways 1549 co-pilot Jeff Skiles
- Here’s why airlines are still flying as many planes as they are considering those planes are so empty.
- United postpones new uniforms to save money
- FAA will allow flight attendants to sit somewhere besides their jump seat for takeoff and landing in order to promote social distancing.
- Uber will give 6 month elite status extensions to Uber Rewards members whose benefits expire in April or May. That’s surprisingly ungenerous, especially considering the elite tiers themselves are surprisingly ungenerous.
- Airport history: The 1989 plan for Dallas Fort Worth (Who ever imagined it would break 1000 departures in a single day?)