News and notes from around the interweb:
- Erin Andrews will finally get her day in court against the Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University. Hotels really shouldn’t tell strangers what room you’re in, but ultimately one of the biggest threats to security is social engineering, and that’s a tough problem to crack.
- Starting March 30 it will be possible to redeem Alaska Airlines miles for travel on Hainan Airlines.
- British Airways ends unaccompanied minor service
- As of today the LAX Tom Bradley Terminal will be connected airside to terminal 4 (American Airlines) which is in turn connected to terminals 5 through 8.
Star Alliance Golds, including United Golds and higher, will be able to access the lovely outdoor deck of the Star Alliance lounge even when flying United domestically. oneworld mid-tier elites and higher with programs other than American AAdvantage will be able to access the oneworld lounge even when flying American domestically. British Airways Golds and similar-tiered members will certainly enjoy the dining in the Qantas first class lounge!
Outdoor deck of Star Alliance business class lounge, LAX
- Startup aims to help entrepreneurs set up small businesses in the United States (HT: Marginal Revolution) Not long before foreign readers will be getting US small business card signup bonuses!