News and notes from around the interweb:
- The US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit heard a case dealing with whether and how the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority can use revenue from Dulles Toll Road. In dismissing the case challenging the airports authority, which was effectively created by the federal government, Virginia, Maryland, and DC the opinion offers a great, readable discussion of how the airport came to be, and how it came to be managed as it is today. (HT: Dave H.)
- Lufthansa is testing remote controlled aircraft tugs
- United flight diverts after passenger hits flight attendant, curses at screen. Scott Kirby will get rid of screens, solving this operational problem in the process.
- After you pair your phone with a rental car, your data may linger behind
- Delta talks up the value of its Salt Lake City hub
- These are the filthiest spots on your flight. (HT: Reid F.)