News and notes from around the interweb:
- When I broke news that American would no longer put non-status coach passengers on another airline during irregular operations (without an exception being approved) there was a glaring problem with this policy — corporate travelers. American announced they will treat corporate travelers as elites for this purpose. Still the omission underscored that the airline doesn’t think through its policies working from what its business travelers need as a starting point.
- Delta is in-sourcing ramp operations in Raleigh and Austin. Raleigh is a Delta focus city and Austin looks likely to become one after additional gates come online next year.
Delta in Austin
- Airline employee pleads guilty to issuing over $100,000 in travel credits and selling them
- 25% bonus transferring American Express points to Aeromexico award chart issues aside even not worth the frustration of dealing with Club Premier.
- Boeing puts its Long Beach facility up for sale
- Garuda Indonesia returning to London
- People once thought that mobile lounges at Washington Dulles would be a really good idea.