News and notes from around the interweb:
- Does back-to-front boarding of planes actually increase bottlenecks in the aisle and therefore risk of Covid-19 transmission?
Some airlines adopted this model during the pandemic thinking it would reduce transmission. Spacing out how many people board at once though mitigates bunching. And United Airlines deserves kudos though for running the plane’s APU on the ground to take advantage of HEPA air filtration.
- Effective April 27 American AAdvantage elites now earn their elite bonuses on Gol marketed flights, the only non-oneworld carrier where this is the case.
— Travel33t (@Travel33t) April 28, 2021
- Japenese Airline ANA Installs Worlds First Hands-Free Plane Lavatory Door
- Air Italy wants to restart operations using Russian planes an Italian airline, and Russian jets, what could possibly go wrong?
- TSA wanted to hire 6000 people for summer but most of those positions are unfilled. That means longer lines especially for those without PreCheck or CLEAR.