News and notes from around the interweb:
- A detailed look at the new Cathay Pacific lounge in San Francisco
- The Mojave Desert: Where Planes Go to Die
- A Boston contract airport worker (Swissport) climbed onto the wing of an American Airlines plane to take a selfie. You don’t climb on the wing of a plane. The aircraft had to be inspected for damage prior to returning to service. (HT: Point Me to the Plane)
- 15 things you never pack but should. My contribution, familiar to readers of this blog? A compact power strip.
- Photos of the brand new Qatar Airways first class lounge in Doha
- Air Canada has a new free program for college students. It’s not as rich as when United used to give 10,000 miles just for graduating, but still worthwhile at least for the free onboard internet session.
- Reader Andrea shares Southwest flight attendants making her 90 year old father ‘King’ for the flight from Buffalo to Phoenix in honor of his birthday.