News and notes from around the interweb:
- Next month United will start selling Uno’s spinach and garlic deep dish pizza in economy. They plan to offer a “Pizza and Beer Combo” with Miller Lite for $13.99. Which is the only thing I can think of that would make Uno’s pizza, on a plane, even worse.
- Earn 51 Alaska Airlines miles per dollar at Magazines.com (inclusive of credit card earning, you’re buying Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles at less than 2 cents apiece and getting magazines too).
- Amsterdam has overtaken London Heathrow as Europe’s largest airport for direct flights
- The glorious history of the best (widebody) plane Boeing has ever built
- Airbnb tries to behave more like a hotel (HT: Alan H.)
- “Seven hours is a very long time to sit in an economy seat on a 737.” Norwegian’s first transatlantic flight from Newburgh Stewart airport north of Manhattan.