News and notes from around the interweb:
- Loyalty predictions for 2022 from the former head of an airline frequent flyer program who’s now a consultant to the industry.
- If you want to credit a JetBlue flight to American AAdvantage, don’t make the booking while logged in at JetBlue.com
[W]hen you make reservations on JetBlue website or app, you must make sure you are LOGGED OUT OF TRUE BLUE. Otherwise, it will auto-populate your B6 number, even if you try to add your AA number. I have had flights incorrectly posted to my B6 account. …It is clear that the B6 system really wants to credit B6 metal flights to TrueBlue. The only way to avoid it is to call, ask them to manually remove your TrueBlue number and add your AA number…
- 2000 free miles for joining Emirates Skywards using promo code FLYDUBAI (miles post instantly). You want to do this anyway because Emirates is a partner of all the major transferable currencies, it’s how you gain access to first class award space on Emirates and to cheaper JetBlue redemptions.
Emirates Airbus A380 Business Class Bar
- More ‘buy now, pay later’ loans being added to credit reports it’s not clear how these will affect the average age of accounts figured into a score.
- Denver airport’s Executive Vice President and General Counsel resigned after slapping a subordinate repeatedly at the airport management’s holiday party.
The group was discussing police de-escalation tactics, said one source, when McCoy apparently decided to demonstrate, jumped up and violently slapped Martinez in the face multiple times and yelled commands at him, nearly knocking Martinez out of his chair.
Martinez, who is assistant general counsel for DIA, declined to discuss the incident with CBS4.
- JetBlue is forcing TrueBlue members to reset their passwords