News and notes from around the interweb:
- United is launching a marketing tie-in with the Michelin Guide, which publishes in 4 US cities all United hubs (San Francisco, Chicago,
NewarkNew York, Washington DC). You can bid miles for sevellmerral upcoming ‘Michelin experiences’.
• D.C. Guide Launch event at the French Embassy on September 13
• Chicago Guide Launch event at The Loyalist on September 26
• New York City Guide Launch event on November 6
• New York City Matter of Taste wine event on November 10
• San Francisco Guide Launch event on November 29
There’s no indication at this point that Michelin will influence onboard catering, unfortunately.
- Westjet gate agent outed a transgender passenger
- Spend $15 at Walgreens get a free AARP membership normally priced at $16, making you eligible for AARP discounts on British Airways.
- ‘Dear Ryanair’ funny complaint letter
Copyright: trevorbenbrook / 123RF Stock Photo
- Attention Starwood Platinum members: Remember to extend the expiration of most of your airline miles accounts this week. Starwood lets Platinum members transfer as little as 1 point to airline programs, and most programs will extend the expiration of your points with any earning activity including the transfer of 1 mile. (Thanks to LoyaltyLobby for the reminder)
- A Harvard graduate student that gets searched every time she flies
- easyJet is suing South American airlines Easy Sky and easyfly over use of the word ‘easy’