News and notes from around the interweb:
- The first provide jet upgrade has been obtained through Delta’s new program to utilize repositioning flights for their private jet fleet to earn incremental buy up revenue. (HT: Laura B)
- “Fuel dumps” explained since I’ve gotten about half a dozen questions on the topic over the past week. You can also use the technique to save fees on award tickets, here’s how.
- “This is your captain slurring” Pilot and flight attendants removed from Air Baltic flight headed for Greece after testing positive for alcohol. Not the first time.
- North Korea will turn the clocks back 30 minutes and establish its own time zone. That way it will break free of the unified time imposed on Korea during Japan’s occupation. But it will have a different time than South Korea. It’s a true demonstration of the power of Dear Leader, the Ever-Victorious Iron-Willed Commander, the Glorious General, Who Descended From Heaven and who is a perfect incarnation of the appearance that a leader should have.
- Airplane poop can help track global disease outbreak