News and notes from around the interweb:
- It’s a marketing crime that nobody is offering elite status in exchange for mailing in cut up Delta Amex cards, but who would have the nerve required for that stunt? (HT: S.G.)
If you have a premium co-brand card you’re instantly a desirable customer. And someone switching away from a premium co-brand, rather than just acquiring a new one and splitting charges, is even more desirable. Plus the trolling value.
— James Sample (@jamesjsample) September 16, 2023
- Crypto scammer Tom Brady blamed for SkyMiles changes. He deflated the value of the SkyMiles program and its co-brand Reserve card. (HT: S.G.)
- Labor saving to get customers to pick up their own trash.
One of the United Clubs at IAH has a robot that goes around and you can put your garbage in the bins pic.twitter.com/RJBh4dHhxg
— iflyplaces (@iflyplaces) September 17, 2023
- The man caught on video having sex in the lavatory of an easyJet flight to Ibiza on his 23rd birthday, with a woman he’d just met at the airport, was banned from the airline and didn’t even get her number. They met during boarding and, he says, the lavatory thing was her idea. He says that he was drunk.
- Wizz Air ‘pushing sleep-deprived pilots to fly’: Ex-captains accuse low-cost airline of putting profits before safety Daily Mail but remember the airline’s President said the quiet part out loud that pilots should just fly when they are fatigued (“we are all fatigued but sometimes it is required to take the extra mile”).
- Seeing this more and more. Decline in quality at Delta is a challenge to the ability of SkyMiles to reward customers less while demanding more.
@delta flight from ATL to BCN and back. Delta One seats, both flights I had to climb over sleeping strangers, screens and/or headphones don’t work, wifi not available, on return flight maintenance had to jury-rig the panel to keep it from falling. Not ok for the $$ charged. pic.twitter.com/tyU3HL2YUV
— Jillian Hall (@Jillian44306019) September 17, 2023
- They did this when Southwest Airlines stranded passengers over the holidays, too. (HT: @TravelZork)
Larry Flynt's Hustler Club is offering free lap dances to MGM Resorts guests affected by the ongoing cyberattack. pic.twitter.com/Swb8P7ZJ2U
— Las Vegas Locally 🌴 (@LasVegasLocally) September 16, 2023