New and notes from around the interweb:
- Anyone who had a Yahoo account between 2012 and 2016 may get $100 or more from a class action settlement. (HT: Doctor of Credit)
If you don’t currently have credit monitoring, you’re supposed to take two years of that. (You may be getting it from the Equifax settlement!) If you do, a cash payment that could be less – or more – than $100 is in the offing, unless of course you opt out or claim specific damages where you’d be eligible for more.
- Boeing 737 MAX crashes and subsequent grounding will mean the biggest-ever insurance payout in aviation history
- How American Express uses machine learning to detect fraud (podcast) By the way here’s how people commit fraud.
- Denise Richards settles her $20,000 debt to American Express
- American Airlines contract negotiations with mechanics resumes Monday, September 16 at 1 p.m. Eastern and continues through Thursday, September 19 at the National Mediation Board in DC.
- New Airbnb regulatory environment means they can enlist Boston to help crack down on competitor homesharing sites.