News and notes from around the interweb:
- United Airlines appears to have access to only a subset of Lufthansa award seats offered to other carriers and United claims not to be ‘throttling’ or blocking members from booking the space, the way that they did before the merger with Continental. Definitely file this under ‘developing but troubling.’
- United Airlines brings back sale of hard liquor in coach to premium transcon and long haul Hawaii flights
- Summer air travel is a ‘total mess’ right now. Who’s to blame?
- Thai Airways has extended expiring miles to December 31, 2023.
- Is this the best Priority Pass-eligible lounge in the world?
- Delta Air Lines scouring the market for cheap Airbus A350s
I literally booked yesterday a LH ticket from YVR to LIS using united miles and tons of availability to other destinations as well so don’t see a problem at least from my experience
Good shabes Gary
I haven’t tried the Air Serbia lounge, but I thought the Priority Pass eligible Oman Air lounge in Bangkok had great food and premium liquor (in 2016).
United is definitely blocking inventory. I booked an LH award for a client yesterday BOS-LIN. Wide open through Aeroplan, didn’t show with LifeMiles or United.
The next step after raising prices is to reduce inventory, right? It’s just cut after cut after cut with United.
So Thai Royal Orchid Plus is extending miles to 2013? Guess it’s time to pull out that DeLorean! In all seriousness, Loyalty Lobby says December 31, 2023, so I’m guessing (just guessing) that you might have a small typo..