News and notes from around the interweb:
- I’ll be speaking at TravelCon in Boston (June 27-29). As a speaker I can pass along promo code 50off for $50 off registration. The inaugural event last year in Austin was amazing, and I had a great panel with a Singapore Airlines VP and a long-time aviation journalist. This year will be even better.
- Larger, cleaner restrooms at New York LaGuardia anything’s an improvement of course, but the restrooms at Singapore Changi airport are gorgeous…
- Carnival Cruise Lines to Charge for Room Service cruising isn’t cruising anymore, it’s more like flying.
- No Fly List Nonsense it seems clear that former Attorney General Eric Holder perjured himself unless he has a good faith belief that covering up FBI careless and harmful mistakes is necessary to prevent significant harm to national security.
- Jet Airways missed making a debt payment
- New LATAM interiors including new business class seats
- SEC fined Hertz $16 million for materially mis-stating its results over a period of years. Hertz is now a SkyTeam member.