News and notes from around the interweb:
- LaGuardia airport used to charge 10 cents for planespotting
- Atlanta airport wants to relax ‘street pricing’ rules vendors aren’t allowed to charge more than 10% above off-airport pricing, the airport wants that to move to 15%.
Meanwhile Miami is reversing course on scrapping its street pricing rules after learning such rules are common, rather than Miami being an outlier.
- It seems like everyone’s got lounge access these days.
— Elizabeth Wahl (@eawahl) December 3, 2021
- Alaska Airlines flight attendants union pressuring management to reduce inflight service
- Qatar Airways is doing a Boeing 777 lease with Cathay Pacific and that means flying Cathay seats Doha – Male and Doha – Hong Kong at least in February. This is great for getting to the Maldives in first class with two first class award seats allocated per flight (out of a cabin of 6).
- Bloomberg paean to Marriott CFO Leeny Oberg.