News and notes from around the interweb:
- American Airlines will let passengers access TikTok on board for free basically you can use TikTok for 30 minutes without first paying for internet. Maybe twitter would make passengers too angry and lead to more inflight disturbances (or there was no possible twitter revenue on the table).
- Air France KLM promo awards return to North America but only for a couple of Canada routes Still, progress.
- American, Alaska, Southwest and United shopping portal bonuses and Delta too
- JetBlue will keep its headquarters in New York, after all which I suggested was inevitable despite talk of their moving to Florida. The airline was birthed into New York JFK with slot favors from Senator Chuck Schumer, now Senate Majority Leader, and airlines have only become more politicized and subsidized in the last 23 years since.
- Frontier is adding 9 new non-stop routes from Miami. Miami. Ultra low cost carrier. What could possibly go wrong?
- Qantas could re-start some international flights in December as vaccination progresses in Australia. In the meantime they’ve furloughed another 2500 staff as travel demand dries up in the midst of lockdowns and a Covid-19 outbreak.
- Ukrainian carrier SkyUp will outfit flight attendants in Nike Air Max shoes and bright orange pantsuits.