News and notes from around the interweb:
- When Emirates withdraws first class awards from partners April 1, 2021 they’ll still be bookable with Qantas points but that’s a terrible deal except for the shortest flights.
- Is WestJet’s rewards program the least… rewarding in North America?
Copyright: dennizn / 123RF Stock Photo
- Canada copies US “Secure Flight” air travel controls
- Starting next you’ll no longer be able to get travel assistance in Qantas Clubs and passengers will be directed to kiosks for nearly all service requests.
Qantas has announced it will close its service and sales desks at airports and lounges around the country as passengers increasingly turn online to manage their bookings.
Check-in counters will remain but there will be fewer staff operating lost-baggage counters, which will also have its opening hours reduced.
Tarmac view from Qantas domestic club, Melbourne
- Disney tourist blames 6 year old son when security finds her hidden gun
- Man barred from Yellowstone for cooking chicken in the hot springs