News and notes from around the interweb:
- That time a flying pig grounded every plane at London’s Heathrow airport (HT: S.)
- 6 things germaphobes can do to clean their hotel rooms
- How to book a lap child on British Airways
- Columbus, Ohio’s airport is being renamed for former astronaut and Senator John Glenn who used his position to get to go back into space a second time at age 77. A member of the Keating Five scandal, he was judged by the Senate to have merely exercised “poor judgment” in accepting $200,000 from the head of a problematic Savings & Loan. The 94 year old remains a hero to many.
- An actual attempt at snakes on a plane
- In this video, the US government warns that when you travel you have no privacy and offers tips to secure your communications. What they don’t tell you is they’re the ones listening… (HT: Alan H.)