News and notes from around the interweb:
- Blogger Gilbert Ott gets coverage for an award trip in the Daily Mail.
- Air India flight delayed 2 hours when an employee threw a tantrum over only being accommodated in economy. Though he would have been entitled to a business class seat had one been available, the business cabin was full. (HT: One Mile at a Time) This from the airline whose pilots refuse to fly if they aren’t given a destination they want to travel to, or aren’t assigned the copilot of their choice.
- United is updating its uniforms
- Very sad story, flight diverts when a member of the cabin crew tries to take their own life.
- Hotel industry revenue, profit at record levels (HT: @UTFozzie)
- A bottle of water was attached to a sex toy so that it would get flagged by TSA. (HT: Tocqueville via One Mile at a Time)